This message can appear in several cases:
- First of all, please make sure that you use the same game version as the host player. You can download the latest update on Updates
- It is also important to check the filters setting, You might have not given the right information in order to find the desired game when you used the in-game filters.
- Do you use any mods? You also have to use the exact same mods as the host player.
Last but not least, the player that hosts a network game might not have (properly) setup the port forwarding at his router.
Please activate the UPNP option on your router or cable modem. The default port of Farming-Simulator is: 10823. If you changed the default port you also Need to use the new port on your router or cable modem. Further it is necessary that TCP and UDP are forwarded. Please check the manual of your router or your cable modem in order to get instructions on how to configure port forwarding.
Please see one of the available guides, such as Portforward.com
, for detailed information on how to unblock and forward the ports for your specific network setup.
Only for console players:
Please make sure that your network setup allows traffic though the following ports:
||10831, 10833, 10838, 10846
||10832, 10834, 10839, 10847
Further, it is required that your network setup allows other players to connect to your console. If you are still experiencing connection issues after you unblocked the port, you should make sure that the following ports are correctly forwarded to your console.
Ports that should be forwarded to your console:
The game is not running smoothly when I join a multiplayer game
The multiplayer experience is mainly defined by the upload speed of the Internet connection of the player that created the game.
We recommend an Internet connection with an upload speed of at least 5 Mbit/s, while higher speed usually allow a smoother experience. Thus, you should make sure that the player with the fastest Internet connection creates the game.
Also the network latency between the host and the client is as small as possible. While you are playing after joining a game you can see the latency to the host in the upper left corner of the minimap, e.g. 50ms. We recommend to make sure that the latency is small than 100 milliseconds if possible, even though the game is still playable with a higher latency.
Further, we recommend using a wired network connection instead of WiFi to allow the shortest latency and less data loss.
I cannot create a game on my dedicated server
This error message appears when you install your dedicated server and you have used a system name which is blocked by our profanity filter.
Common names are "Administrator" or "Agrarservice". Please select another username and install the game again.
I can't activate my game on Steam
Farming Simulator keys are not compatible with Steam. Both the download and the DVD version of the game are not transferable to Steam. The functionality however is exactly the same.
My DVD / Disc cannot be read
If the disc cannot be read at the beginning of the installation, or if some of the files can't be copied during the installation, there are two possibilities:
- The DVD drive may be damaged. Check the drive for dust and potential damages and clean it thoroughly. Insert the disc into a different PC to check if it is really an issue with the drive.
- The DVD may be damaged or has production errors. Check the DVD for impurities and scratches and clean it with a microfibre tissue. If that doesn't help and the disc is new, bring it back to the store where you bought it.